Design + Research
ricardo [at] ricardomelo [dot] net
- Towards Serendipity: Chance, Unpredictability and Creativity in Digital Interactions. PhD in Design, UP, FCT, ID+, UPTEC, UA. (ongoing)
- Filtershuffle, a mobile photography app for unfamiliarity. (ongoing)
- Serendipity Cloud, an installation for creative collaboration.(2015)
- UD15: PERIPHERY AND PROMISE organisation committee (2015)
- UD15: PERIPHERY AND PROMISE visual identity and ud15.org web design (2015)
- Porto / City Identity and Branding, mobile and web designer to the project by Martino & Jaña et al. (2015)
- Melo, Ricardo, and Miguel Carvalhais. Convergence and Divergence: A Conceptual Model for Digital Serendipitous Systems. ISEA 2016. Hong Kong, 2016. 323–326.
- Melo, Ricardo, and Miguel Carvalhais. Get Lost! and Filtershuffle: Designing mobile applications for unpredictability. UD15: Periphery and Promise, 4th PhD in Design Forum. Eds. Canli, Ece and Rita Maldonado Branco. Porto: PhD in Design Program, Faculty of Fine Arts, University of Porto, Portugal, 2015. 338–343.
- Melo, Ricardo, and Miguel Carvalhais. Sentience and Information Encountering in the Digital Medium. Proceedings of 7th International Conference on Digital Arts. Eds. Bidarra, José, et al. Óbidos: Artech-International, 2015. 257–260.
- Melo, Ricardo, and Miguel Carvalhais. Meaningful Accidental Discoveries: The Design of Serendipity on the Web. 3º Encontro Nacional de Doutoramentos em Design. Aveiro, 2014.
- Melo, Ricardo, and Miguel Carvalhais. The Design of Horacle: Inducing Serendipity on the Web. xCoAx 2013: Proceedings of the first conference on Computation Communication Aesthetics and X. Eds. Verdicchio, Mario and Miguel Carvalhais. Bergamo, 2013. 183–191.
- Melo, Ricardo, and Miguel Carvalhais. *Designing For Serendipity: Systems and Methods for Serendipitous Discoveries on the Web.” Artech, Crossing Digital Boundaries. Faro, 2012.
- Serendipidades, Lecture at the Faculty of Fine Arts of the University of Porto, March 10th, 2016.
- Talk at Travelogue Summer School, Faculty of Fine Arts of the University of Porto, August 5th, 2015.
- Designing Serendipities, Narrative Strategies Symposium, Madeira, November 8th, 2014